Author Topic: Gum with inflamed cut and swollen area - help please  (Read 14198 times)

Franz

• Raw food life with an LDS perspective
Gum with inflamed cut and swollen area - help please
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:27:54 AM »
Hello!

About 7 months ago a strong flossing action caused by my hygienist produced a small cut in front and a smaller one on the back in the gums surrounding a front tooth. The cut never healed properly. Suddenly on Sunday it became painful and now I have referred pain in the all quadrant of the jaw, up to the ear, and the dentist just gave me the suggestion to gargle with salty water and apply a Corsodyl (mouthwash for ulcers) gel on the gum. He said it will heal in two weeks. Now the area is quite swollen and sore, like in a bruised area, and it's difficult to eat. Thanks to a Priesthood blessing the pain has decreased, and I am taking vitamin C, echinacea, and of course tooth and gum powder applied locally. I have also occasionally put a drop of Xceptic on it. Things are not getting better.
Do I need to detox the entire body? Just noticed my face is suddenly getting red areas - very unusual for me.
I have the liver and gallbladder formula if needed.
If you have any idea do let me know.

We are very busy packing as we are moving in 2 weeks!

Thanks,
Franz

mike cmt ch

Re: Gum with inflamed cut and swollen area - help please
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:40 AM »
well infection is a concern so herbs that prevent infection/boost the immune system would be a good idea; echinacea,tea tree teas, and chapparal mouth wash are all good. Did you add cayenne to the tooth powder as previously mentioned on posts about the teeth? if no then add some at least a teaspoon or more depending on the shu of the cayenne. If yes, then brush teeth softly 5x daily. :D

Franz

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
Thanks Mike. Yes thee are 3 tsp of cayenne in my herbal powder, I like it, and regarding tea tree, is it ok to use the tea tree oil that I have for mouthwash and for teas? (not sure how safe it is!)
Anyway today the pain has gone right down to very little, which I only feel when I suddenly move the lips really far from the gums (when making faces to my kids) :o
I shall let you know what happens. Had a look on the net and some people had the same problem for over 3 months! ::)
Franz

mike cmt ch

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:08:39 AM »
Im not sure about tee tree oil as im not an aromatherapist yet...I was referring to the  herb itself(in tea form) :D

Franz

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:18:01 AM »
Oh! I don't have that and it is not sold in my local shops. Mmm. Perhaps I will experiment and add a drop to a salty mouthwash!
Thanks Mike! You are such a good help!  8)

Franz

Ligure

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »
I have successfully used a few drops of clove EO in a cotton ball pressed against the swollen gum. Alternatively you could chew on clove buds. Clove is another specific for sore teeth and gums and will kill infection. However it sounds like you have done well already with the treatment you have used.

Ligure

Duck_Lady

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »
In the past week or two, we had a case of super sensitive, easily bleeding gums.

It coincided with an experiment (home version) of Dr. S's liver flush beverage. We used apple juice, because it's what we had on hand (and it is rather tasty). We LOVE garlic, so our starting drink was 5 cloves garlic & 5 T olive oil, fresh ginger root, and apple juice. We do "chew" our beverages, but still have room for improvement. (Dr. S suggests starting with 1 clove garlic to 1 T olive oil, and working your way up.) Sometimes we added cayenne, sometimes we didn't.

We made a large mixing bowl salad, topped with several tablespoons of minced garlic (fresh and in water), olive oil, and nutritional yeast. This was the main meal for the individual, for 3 or 4 days.

The gums aren't bleeding. It is our understanding that bacteria under the gum line is what causes them to bleed. The individual was "craving" garlic, as well - which seems to have passed (hard to tell, we use LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of garlic).

Franz

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »
Interesting. What amuses me is that my gum became infected 2 days after I started to juice and drink large quantities of celery and carrots! The area of internal tissue connecting the cheeks and the base of the teeth is really swollen but the pain is minimal. My mouth has changed shape inside. I feel like a tingle all the time (maybe it's the cayenne pepper?) Chewing, though, is really painful, like punching a bruise really hard. I am a bit worried that the inflammation is still there - why my body is not fighting harder? I eat no junk, no sugar etc and clean teeth and gum religiously and kindly for 15 minutes 3 times a day, including water squirting, flossing and brushing with electric brush.
I'd like to send a text message to my brain: "Heal up my gums now, you burk!" ::)
Franz

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
"15 minutes 3 times a day"

if you are brushing for 15 min, that is TOO long! 2 min is considered the time frame.

I would also suggest that the area that had that cut in it, if there is still an indication of a cut, let it heal before using the floss there (floss the rest of the mouth).

none of the little dark chocolates a day while on this problem. You can take 0 divergences from the program until this is under control.

definitively must disinfect. Like mad! I think you got the control over it from your first post till your last. Now you have to let it flow out of the body. Be sure the bowel are open, that you are exercising, and rebounding everyday to move that lymph.

Some idea for further healing to the area would be to make a paste of slippery elm and add into the herbs of your choice, disinfecting, healing, etc and apply as much as possible during the day for several days.
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

Franz

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 02:29:00 AM »
Thanks! I brush for two minutes only and avoid the ares that is swollen. The remaining 13 minutes are for gentle and slow flossing, gargling, etc. The hygienist said I must brush for 2 minutes each quadrant and that's exactly what I do. Flossing in that area is necessary because food getting stuck there hurts like hell. But as I said I do it once and really slowly and gently. And now I have started Formula 1 to helps toxins out of the body quicker. But since my husband has gone from 92 kg to 97 in 2 weeks, we are both going on a detox cleanse this week, he really needs to stop buying sodas and chewing nuts until midnight!
Thanks!

Franz

Franz

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
Oh by the way, an abscess is now forming within the inflamed area. As my son has had his abscess for 3 months now I know what to do. Funnily enough, after 1 month of using all the possible herbal remedies, his abscess stayed big. Then 2 weeks later it went right down and now it's a dark patch - and we are using absolutely nothing for it. Weird beasts these abscesses.

I am tempted to poke mine but no, it won't help. Might grind some cloves and mix them with oil or gel to apply them topically. I don't know how to make clove oil.

Franz

Franz

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 01:15:37 AM »
More news!

My abscess grew rather big and yellow. I intensified all the herbals and kept on 1 formula 1 a day. Then I was inspired to check https://herbdocblog.com/ which is Dr. Shultze's blog. In the search by disease area I found "abscess" and read a testimonial about a guy who was going to lose all his teeth but using Dr. Shulze's tonic he kept them all. Wow. He suggested to use Echinacea as a mouthwash and also he wrote "In a small bowl, put about 1 rounded tablespoon of my Intestinal Formula #2 powder. Next, add to this powder, 2 droppersful of Tooth & Gum Tonic, 2 droppersful of Echinacea Plus and 1 dropperful of my Anti-I Formula. Apply to the gums for at least 2 hours".
Thank God I haven't packed my herbal remedies yet.

I used all I had: first of all I dropped Echinacea tincture on the swollen area (major big lump that felt protruding). Then I rushed to a supermarket (9 p.m.) and bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

While there I suddenly tasted some blood in my mouth: the abscess had burst!
I went home and mixed Echinacea tincture, Formula 2, Echinacea and Goldenseal, slippery elm bark and 2 drops of Kid-e-dry (which I know is sweet)  8).

Then I added a drop of water, mixed and applied to the entire area, right after dinner: 1 mug of orange juice only.
I woke up this morning and .... ta-daaaaa!

The access is completely gone.
The swelling of the jaw is 98% gone.
The pain is 100% gone.
The tingling is 100% gone.
And when I twist my lips in all directions it doesn't hurt.

I will use the paste continually today and let you know of the results.

I must say, do check up Dr. Shulze's blog often. I have been signed up by someone to receive his emails and every testimonial adds to my belief that herbal remedies work - especially industrial strength ones such as Dr. Shultze's!

Franz ;)

mike cmt ch

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
     sounds great that you are now beginning to have a personal experence with herbs ;D I will reiterate what I have mentioned previously herbs have chemicals in them just like drugs are made of chemicals. Drugs are more potent, dangerous and do not heal the cause.  Herbs are milder and go to the cause (if you use the right ones) and are far safer because they are contained in a symbiotic package of a plant. The only real key is finding out how strong one needs to make a tea, tincture, fomentation and how often to use it. Herbs work and they do their job, its the user who needs to have experence with them in order for them to work. ;)

Franz

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »
Amazing stuff. Today there is no sign of swelling at all. No pain unless I really push hard. I put the stuff on yesterday night too. Now perhaps trying to heal the cut which is still there!
Franz

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:28 AM »
That was great. Also you documented it so well. Thanks for placing that on the forum so others may benefit. The paste you put together sounds very effective.
Good job Family Herbalist:)
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.