Author Topic: Carrot juice and Candida Cleanse  (Read 2190 times)

Shepherdess

Carrot juice and Candida Cleanse
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »
Does anyone know of any reason why my husband should avoid carrot juice (fresh organic) while on Dr. Christopher's Natural Protocol for Systemic Yeast Overgrowth and Leaky Gut Syndrome? My DH just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be undermining everything we're doing while trying to get rid of the candida!

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
Re: Carrot juice and Candida Cleanse
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:47 PM »
We went through the SNH yeast cleanse a few years ago on the forum. I suggest searching yeast and look for the comments under simplynatural1, she went through the program.

David also wrote an article here for you to read http://articles.herballegacy.com/natural-protocol-for-systemic-yeast-overgrowth-and-leaky-gut-syndrome/
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »
    all foods are converted into sugars as your body runs on sugars. Without sugar you would die in a matter of days/weeks depending on the person.Thus it is impossible to remove sugars from ones system. Its just that various foods convert in a specific order ie starches 1st then fats etc.Now its true some foods are higher than others in sugar and carrots are quite sweet.Personally I either add other foods to the mix like celery or even water. Though one must remember if they want to continue everyday activitys while juice fasting 1cup of juice is required every waking hour as this provides enough sugars to continue functioning. Although if one does just water fasting one gets very tired and cannot do much of anything except rest/read etc. Thus one could add a little water perhaps as much as 20-30%.Other foods perhaps as much as 50% or more depending if its a fruit or vegetable.However some foods have very powerful cleansing/detoxing actions such as wheat grass, parsley,cabbage etc and very small amounts can only be tolerated. A good book is norman walkers fresh vegetable/fruit juices on the snh home page click herbal reference links, then click cristophers publications after than  click authors..and scroll down to norman walker. ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:50:23 PM by mike cmt ch »

nataraj

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 02:44:48 AM »
While everyones experience will vary depending on their condition, generally it is best to maintain a low glycemic diet for some time in order to eliminate candida overgrowth.  A small amount of cut carrots in a salad is usually ok, but juicing carrots will concentrate the simple sugars more.  There again, if carrot is only a small part of the juice it may be ok, but the safest thing, especially for stubborn candida is green juice, using a base of celery and cucumber... and lots of teas of Pau D'arco, Black Walnut, Cat's claw, chapparel etc, and oregano essential oil.  Also lots of probiotics.

Something like the Dr Shulze colon cleanse, including the intestinal #2 is also very good because the clays draw heavy metal out of the walls of the digestive tract, helping to restore a healthy intestinal flora.  Candida flourish in an environment of heavy metal toxicity, while healthy bacteria do not.