Author Topic: tooth health  (Read 3579 times)

xsbry

tooth health
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »
Hi,
  My family members have asked me some questions about natural tooth health care.

1. Is there a natural way to treat cavities? Dietary changes to what Dr. Christopher recommends have already been made, so the cause of the cavities has been removed, but this diet has not seemed to have any effect on the pre-existing cavity issue.

2. My cousins have children whose teeth are gray looking, even though they are adults. I have read that taking certain antibiotics during pregnancy or during the early years of childhood can cause the tooth enamel to not harden and leave the teeth gray colored. Does anyone know of any herbal or natural remedy that may help the teeth to develop the normal enamel covering and help to strengthen the teeth?

3. I work with some marital artists who have chipped their teeth in the course of fighting. Is there any way to help them get the appropriate nutrients to help the body to regrow these chipped teeth? 

Given the many miracles that Dr. Christopher's teachings have helped to facilitate, it is not unreasonable to think these issues cannot be helped by natural methods as well!

Thanks for your time!

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
Re: tooth health
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
Hi xsbry:

1. I don't remember hearing Dr or David Christopher saying anything about healing cavities. I do remember hearing David say something in regards to fresh comfrey leaves packed into the mouth. I can't seem to remember for which tooth problem though. I heard it off one of the recordings. Comfrey is known as knitbone to many.

2. There is a separate post line here about tooth enamel. I am very well familiar with the grey colorings. Yes, I have heard antibiotics too. And I'm sorry to say that after doing much research and hearing David speak on the subject, I've pretty much given up hope. Whether it is from the antibiotics or from too much fluoride (I was given fluoride tables as an infant), David said there's little one can do. I heard that one on his radio program, you can access the archived shows on the website. Teeth are pretty much done forming around 7 years old, esp the front ones. Once they are formed and have pressed through, that's how they are going to be (except for alignment which can be helped). So, learn from the experience and help all those little ones around you! To strengthen any bone, carrot juice is strongly recommended. Time after time, I hear amazing stories of carrot juice giving amazing strength to bones. Try at least 1 glass of fresh carrot juice a day.

3. It makes sense that carrot juice, comfrey, and complete bone and tissue would be the ones to focus on here. Also, a very good teeth cleaning; not with lasers or anything abrasive, but by a well trained oral practitioner who uses the old fashioned scrapper and toothpaste (nonfluorinated).

Also, in all of these, don't underestimate the possibility of the tooth and gum powder from Dr Christopher. I'm personally trying it out now.

Also the Herbal Calcium. I have heard wonderful things about this formula and have used it myself. I’m personally having trouble right now with crocked unruptured wisdom teeth. I’m getting a lot of relief from applying the calcium right to the gum and rubbing it in.

Oregano Oil is a favorite of many for tooth problems. As mentioned in other posts-be careful of the strength, 1 drop will be fine. Stop after 1-2 weeks and rest.

Diets full of fresh produce help to scrape the teeth and keep them well. If they kids bite a lot of crunchy produce, I’ve heard David say it helps to make the teeth stronger.

And of course, don’t go to any dentist. If you have an opportunity to “shop around” for a good one, do! Through much prayer and persistence, I have located a wonderful holistic dentist. He does not use amalgam mercury, root canals, bleach, etc. This is the kind of dentist you want.

One last thing, hinted to above, fluoride is highly debatable. If you have not done research into the subject, I recommend doing so. If you come to a conclusion not to use it, stay away from  most toothpastes, tap water, aluminum, etc.

Hope this is helpful,
-LivingForJ
-Nutritional Herbalist
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

xsbry

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »
Thanks for the great info! Living for J, you really know your stuff!  Thanks for taking time to answer questions here.  I appreciate it!  I will tell the appropriate people your suggestions and let you know the results.
  I listened to Dr. Christopher's lecture on the cold sheet treatment, and he mentions that lots of very old toxins will be pulled from the body. I wonder if the cold sheet treatment will work to pull the old antibiotics out, and then with good calcium sources and other nutrients (as you recommend), if the teeth will grow enamel?  I know Dr. Christopher says the cold sheet treatment may not work as well if one is healthy because it is difficult to build a fever, but still, it seems possible.  If my cousin tries this with her kids, I will let you know the results.
  How do you modify tooth alignment?
Thanks again for all the wonderful answers!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:40:15 PM by xsbry »

mbrooks

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »
I started using the tooth powder a few months ago and I'm noticing that my teeth are graying. I don't think it is the tooth powder, and I'm hoping it is not the herbal teas I am drinking. Has anyone else noticed teeth darkening when using the tooth powder?

Violet

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:15:59 AM »

Hi xsbry,

I have been using a process called oil pulling just about daily for over 2 1/2 years.  It is simple to do, very inexpensive, and natural.  The benefits that I have seen are that my teeth have lightened up a bit in color and a couple of root-canaled teeth that can be troublesome have calmed down.  You can find an outline of the procedure here:  www.oilpulling.com

Ramiel Nagel wrote a book called Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition that I bought from Amazon.  The book can be partially searched on Amazon and there are more than 50 reviews there.  That will give you an idea of whether the book would be of use to you.

Hi mbrooks,

I have Dr. Christopher's tooth powder but was concerned that it was staining my teeth and so only use it occasionally.  It certainly made my toothbrush look as though I had been scrubbing dirt with it.  My guess is that the cloves may cause staining for some.  I don't know what other of Dr. Christopher's protocols you may be using, but I've heard that blackstrap molasses can also stain teeth.   I wish there were no drawbacks to all the natural remedies, but alas, sometimes there are.

Hugs,
Vi

livingforj

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
xsbry,

Your welcome. I enjoy answering questions. It makes me stay on top of what I've been learning:)

Your cold sheet idea is very interesting. You can give it a try, but please remember to do a modified version for young children. Also, be sure to let the person know what you're doing before doing it...otherwise, there could be some opposition.

Let us know how that works out if you give it a try.

For tooth ailgment, I simply "pushed" my teeth back into line when I was a child. It avoided braces for me. It took a couple of years. Everytime I was sitting, I was pushing the teeth with my finger. However, my dentist has indicated I should have had braces for true ailignment. So, I would again suggest finding a really great dentist, getting his/her advice and use your common sense. Do be aware, if we are talking about children having braces, probably when the wisdom teeth start to come in, it will move around the other teeth. Be aware of this possible future problem and either prepare to remove them early or wait for braces till after removal.

The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

livingforj

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »
mbrooks: I have started using the tooth powder 2 months ago. It took some getting used to! I have not noticed staining of my teeth. In fact, the gritty substance has helped scrap some built-up things off. After my last cleaning at the dentist, by teeth were sparkling!

intresting idea though on the cloves. Perhaps you could experiment by making your own without the cloves?

mbrooks

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 05:36:01 AM »
Thank you all for the good advice.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 02:34:18 PM »
dr shultze has claimed that he has grown in his cavitys. I believed he used his own formula of a tincture of the herbal powder. Others, I have read of, in the dr c master herbalist course have grown 2nd and 3rd sets of teeth back. :o It is apparently the most difficult thing to do as one of the main problems in the area is circulation. I personally add hot cayenne to the herbal tooth powder 180,000 he and find it makes a big difference. I have never had a problem with the powder staining my teeth though. In addition, I understand that one has to be on a vegan diet and have done some cleanses previously. thus this program takes patience and more agressive circulation techniques.

xsbry

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »
thanks everyone for the great suggestions.  I have made note of them. The regrowing of the teeth mentioned by mike cmt ch sounds amazing! I have read about this, but have not known anyone to successfully do it. Any further insight into how this is done would certainly make for an interesting read and a great study of the herbs involved. Thanks again for the great information.

Jahsun

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 11:12:11 PM »
Here is a nice article i stumbled upon about teeth cavities and diet "The most striking effect was in group 3, the group eating a grain-free diet plus vitamin D, in which nearly all cavities healed and very few new cavities developed."

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/03/reversing-tooth-decay.html
--Anything I have typed in this post is my personal opinion, I recommend taking time to use your own research and common sense.-- My website! www.herbalhealtheducation.com

mbrooks

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 10:53:59 PM »
I'm still using the tooth powder, I added comfrey because I want it in the formula so it would be like Dr. Christopher made it. I no longer have darkening of my teeth, I have increased the amount of herbal calcium I take and my teeth are recalcifying now and looking whiter. I'm very happy about this. The dentist is the one who told me they are recalcifying : )

simplynatural1

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
I have made Dr. Christopher's original formula and after using it for a month my teeth became very dark in the spaces between them.  They have continued to stay dark and nothing I do changes the color.  It is embarrasing, especially when my kids started noticing it, but I am just hoping that it is healing my teeth. 

I will probably continue using it for another month and if my teeth haven't lightened up any, I will use something else...this have been going on for many months, now.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!