Author Topic: Comfrey and tooth powder  (Read 3545 times)

roses1001

Comfrey and tooth powder
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »
I have some cavities that I want to heal, and after reading some posts it looks like it would be a good idea to add comfrey to the tooth powder. How much comfrey should I add? Do I just stir it in, or is it more complicated than that?

mike cmt ch

Re: Comfrey and tooth powder
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:20:33 AM »
i would add cayenne pepper to the tooth formula and drink calc tea with liver cleansing. cayeene in the tooth powder is quite good ;D

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
I'm not sure on proportions. Personally, I would be comfortable with 25%.
the advice when preparing or adding to tooth powders is to blend it, blend it, blend it. It must be very smooth. You don't want any small pieces to get inbetween the teeth-it's just annoying. no harm
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 03:53:37 AM »
not sure that comfrey externally would be enough usually the best results occur when the herb is taken internally and external.

roses1001

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
So, how would you recommend taking comfrey internally? Comfrey tea?

How much cayenne would you add? Won't it be really, um, spicy?

By the way, how do you actually brush your teeth with the powder? Just like regular toothpaste? Should I rinse my mouth afterward, just like I would with regular toothpaste?

Thanks!

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
The tea is usually fine internally, but be sure there is no liver condition. Otherwise avoid.

I would add whatever amount of cayenne you are comfortable with and work up.

To brush my teeth with the powder, I wet the brush, then use a baby spoon to drop some powder on the brush. Brush as normal, but know it will not foam. I like to floss before rinsing my mouth. If using a mouthwash, be sure it is herbal as well and has no chemicals such as floride.
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 05:50:15 AM »
wet your brush and dip into the powder. yes the tooth pwdr is spicy but the tea tree in the formula neutralizes alot of the hotness :o of the cayenne so its not that bad. ;D
   i would suggest calc tea as its easier to take internally than bfc(very bitter it has wormwood) with liver cleansing. 3-6 c daily of the tea and would brush my teeth 3x daily and could use the tooth powder in between the cheek and tooth (just let it sit there for a few hours) daily.finally , i  would use contrast hot and cold fomentations on the cheek area of the tooth. ;D
teeth are the hardest body part to repair mainly becuase of (i believe) of the circulation(lack of).

6brightrays

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
I agree that the Calcium formula (with comfrey, unless there is a condition of concern there) would be a great thing to take internally, in any form (tea, capsules, tooth powder/packed between cheek and gums at night).  It is high in easily assimilated mineral packages that include and support calcium.  The Silica in the horsetail grass is the essential mineral, in my opinion.  I've read that our bodies use more silica than they do calcium, and that it is essential to enamel strength and possible repair.  When all these minerals are abundant in our bodies, they will be suspended in our saliva and fill weak areas from the outside, while the bloodstream feeds the tooth from below.
My experience with the formula has been great: goodbye pregnancy charley horses and hello to much healthier baby teeth in my herb-raised little children!
I loke the idea of adding cayenne as an additional circulation stimulant (the cloves and mint and any essential oils you add would do this too)... that would surely speed the healing process!  I'll start doing that (ooh, don't inhale!), but I'm sure my children wouldn't go for it.   ;)
BF&C is a good formula too.