Author Topic: Charcot Marie Tooth disease  (Read 7609 times)

rmssiw

Charcot Marie Tooth disease
« on: November 11, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »
Hi All,

I am new to this, so please be patient, I do not know online lingo.  I have been diagnosed with a genetic degenerative peripheral nerve conditon called Charcot Marie Tooth.  The condition is causing an atrophy of the small muscless in the foot causing much pain and the degeneration is causing the myelin sheath to deteriorate.  The result is that walking with out orthotic shoes and now braces to support my ankles casues me great pain.  Upon retirng to bed at night my feet throb with pain and burn as the muscles contract.  When I wake int he mornign I can barely walk, but once I get goign I am ok.  Could you recommend an herbal remedy that might alleviate the nerve pain and or the condition in general.

I tried the western medicine channel made me very sick.  Right now nothing is helping.

Thank you for your response.

Rose

MoonLtStrl

Re: Charcot Marie Tooth disease
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:56:22 AM »
I don't know about this specific condition, but for rebuilding the myelin sheath you need to consume lots of healthy fats. Raw, organic healthy oils such as extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, freshly ground flax seeds, chia seeds, butter and raw cream. I know "dairy" should be avoided, but raw dairy in limited amounts is ok. After all, there are numerous references to the "land of milk and honey". Even Dr. Christopher says butter is ok.

High fat diets are not evil. I was on a ketogenic diet for a year eating 135 grams of fat per day. That is a little over a full stick of butter a day! I didn't eat that much butter in one day, but give that as a quantity example only. While eating the high fat diet, you need to limit your carbs to avoid high triglycerides. I stayed at about 20 carbs per day from fresh veggies and fruit, most of it raw. Why was I on this crazy diet? For my epilepsy. The healthy fats helped to rewire my brain and rebuild the myelin sheath.

Good luck!
Joan

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »
Hi Rose,

I also do not know about that specific condition. The previous post looks like a good amount of info and I also recommend eating good fats to rebuild the nerves. I’ll add to that and say, if it’s nerve problem, Dr Christopher has a few formulas for that, Relax-Eze to calm the nerves and help rebuild; Never formula-specific for the nerves; Complete Tissue and Bone-rebuilds basically anything in the body; Herbal Calcium formula-gives the body what it needs for assimilating calcium rather than depositing it in weak areas; and Ear and Nerve-works on the motor nerves. I would say taking these internally as well as massaging onto the affected area would bring relief and healing. Be aware though, nerves are the one thing in the body which take the longest to repair, they say 6 weeks to 6 months. So it could take a long time of being faithful to the program before seeing results.

I’ll also recommend taking the raw, unheated, Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother in It (such as Bragg’s Brand) with a little warm water, raw honey for taste, and some cayenne. Cayenne is very healing, will equalize the blood pressure and increase stimulation. It also has calcium to help the body rebuild. It is recommended by Dr Christopher to take 1 tsp ACV, 1 tsp honey, 1 cup water 3x a day. For the cayenne, start with 1/3 tsp 3x a day, and work up to 1 tsp 3x a day (dissolved in a little warm water). Also when drinking these, do not “kick it back” but swish in the mouth to allow the saliva to mix with it. This aids digestion of any liquids we consume.

Other than the previous’ post on diary, I would say stay away from all other forms. These actually will leach calcium from the body because “common pasteurized cow milk” is too hard to digest, if not impossible.

To rebuild central nervous system, you can even drop 3-6 drops of the Ear and Nerve in the ears at night before bed (plug with cotton ball) and massage a little of it down the back of the ear.
If you have to choose what to do for rebuilding, I would say lean heavy on the Herbal Calcium Formula and the Nerve as well as the APV and Cayenne. Go from there. For relief from pain while healing, take the Compete Bone and Tissue as well as the Relax Eze.

I know it’s a lot to get started with, but it sounds like a complex problem that needs to be rebuilt.

-LivingForJ
-Nutritional Herbalist

The information here about is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

rmssiw

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »
Thank you both for sharing your incredible knowledge.  It is complex, so I will try this, as nothign else has worked.

Sending you love and may God's light bless you both for your helping hand that you ahve offered to a stranger.

livingforj

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »
Rose,

I was thinking today about your case, you should probably also go see a good Naturopathic Chiropractor who could work with some manipulations for pain and healing as well.

Perhaps foot reflexology would be beneficial as well. Try to find one in your area.

And since you mentioned that you are new at this, you probably eat the Standard American Diet. You are going to want to review the Mucusless Diet from Dr Christopher for better eating habits. It sounds as though you body is going to need all the help it can, so you need to be placing good, natural, raw foods with the life in them to help bring life to your nerves and rest of body. Get a juicer and start juicing everyday. The 3 day cleanse is terrific. I know some who have done theirs with apples. I’ve done mine with carrots and LOVED it.

The phrase of Natural Healing is “Cleanse and Nourish” , so it would be wise to look into the 4 cleanses: Lower Bowel, Kidney, Liver/Gallbladder, and Blood formulas. This are simple and easy to take and really get the job done. Get the lower bowel in capsules and the liver/gallbladder in liquid.

I was reading on your condition. It says that medical treatments don’t have a cure. So I would think you are going to have to be aggressive at this and probably change a lot of eating habits too. Dr Christopher had Rheumatoid Arthritis all his life, heart problems, and Asthma, at one point in his life, he had cancer. He developed all these natural healing programs, some for himself, and formulas to aid those and many more conditions. The doctors told him he was only to live to around 30, he lived painfree, without many of his aliments to 76.  He has said that whenever he closely followed his program, many of the pains were gone, however whenever he diverted from them, he would be reminded he had Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Do look around on his http://www.herballegacy.com/index.html website as well has read some of his books such as his biography and Herbal Home Health Care. These are wonderful places to start. There is also a radio show: http://www.ahealthieryouradio.com/ with wonderful topics and discussions.

Hope this has been helpful
-LivingForJ

The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

rmssiw

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »
Thank you again for your time and insightfulness.  I am new to this and to blogging, but strongly spiritual, but have had a hard time chaning my diet in the manner suggested, but I know that is what I need to do.  I fluctuate between healthy eating and traditional diet.  I have had great success keeping the pain at bay with shoes, stretching and exercise, but it is at night that I am challenged with the pain and burning nerve pain.

Botanic

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »
I will 2nd. the earlier post about doing cleansing routines for specific organs; for instance, an aunt of mine developed high blood pressure, changed her diet, used herbs, plenty of garlic, etc.  Still, nothing herbal/natural touched the high BP.
Drugs kept it somewhat under control; several years later she died (1991) of complications following surgery for an aneurysm near her brain stem.  As I recall, the autopsy showed very clean veins & arteries like a young person's, but her kidneys were thoroughly plugged.
 Unfortunately, none of us knew about the kidney herbs at the time.

As for the  Charcot Marie Tooth disease, could it have any similarity to Lou Gehrig's Disease, (or Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)?    Lou Gehrig's seems to be linked with exposure to heavy metals. I  knew someone who died from it, that worked as a mine engineer before retirement.   Metals can be cleansed; my dad survived lead poisoning once.

----Just my 2 cents' worth---

rmssiw

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 04:32:45 AM »
Thank you again.  I will keep that 2cents in mind.  This is not the first problem I have had with autoimmune order problems.  Endometriosis, Fibromyalgia, arthritis, HBP and now CMT.  Although the first two are overwith I believe it is all related and that the diet recommendation is key, if I can get myself to do this.  Always an excuse...time and cost...so I am taking an approach of slow integration of recommendations, chaning one thing at a time.  Otherwise I fear I will frustrate myself.

Thanks again

Botanic

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:25 PM »
Just today I was re-reading in a [note-]book I have, [Dr. Richard Schulze interviewed by Sam Biser] where he was telling case stories of the incredible results he has gotten, with just the starting point of bowel cleansing! And next is liver, kidneys, etc. I was also browsing his catalog this evening--- not real cheap, but from what I've learned about him, I'd say the're top-notch plus quality-wise.  By the way, I like his version of the liver flush better than others--simple to make; and it really gave me a big boost energy-wise when I did a series of them a couple yrs. ago.  Then too, things like Chapperal seem to be very effective at getting all kinds of chemicals/toxins out of a person.  Of course, there's also carrot & green stuff juicing, [& raw foods] that has done wonders for "incurable" conditions. (like the "Raw Family")    You're right  about not doing too much too fast--I was recently reading about possible juice fasting [i.e.--cleansing] side affects; headaches, nausea, low BP, fainting, & hypoglycemia.  But then, there's people like Dr. Walker---sickly in his 50's, inventor of the norwalk juicer--died at about 132, from a horse-riding accident.

rmssiw

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:17:07 AM »
Thank you all again for your response.  I ahve been in excriciating pain that is progressing very quickly for the past two weeks.  I bought the cleanse kit and will be starting as soon as it arrives.

Thank you...with much gratitude.

Merry Christmas

mbrooks

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
I wish you success with natural healing. Keep in mind that healing reactions can be unpleasant and some days will be painful, but a healing reaction is a very good thing, is very beneficial, and temporary, and you will be better closer to healed after each one.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 05:52:35 PM »
nerves will regenerate if you produce the right conditions for them to do so. Avoidance of non foods ie sugar, white flour, processed oils like canola, will degererate the mylein sheath that surrounds the nerve. Another big concern is eating meat.... eating meat requires calcium(ca) to digest it. When meat is consumed on a regular basis it leaches ca out of the bones and indirectly the nerves. This is the first step towards recovery. The second step is to eat real foods like a good supplement that contains spirulina, wheat grass and nutritional yeast and no synthetic vitamins or minerals. The next step is to cleanse the body of toxins by using the lower bowel formuales and liver formuales. During this time its important to use the b&b or nerve formula that regenerates nerves. Finally for pain you could try lobelia tincture. You will see great improvement if you follow these recomendations.. :D

rmssiw

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:27 AM »
Thank you Mike.  I have been having great results with the cleanse and am surprized at how easy it was to change my diet.  My feet however are still having pain.  However, I also know that I must do this for some time if the nerves are to regenerate.  I began a 10 session rolfing program and on session 3 began to feel a differnce in my walk...I have been compensating for the pain.  This has shifted something.  I will add the formulas you suggest...what is the nerve formula for regeneration?  I looked and cannot find it.

Thank you so much

mike cmt ch

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
the nerve formula for regeneration is .. the nerve formula ..sorry i dont know how to put it any other way it has black and blue cohosh and other nervine herbs . U could use lobelia, tumeric and white willow bark for pain and inflammation. In addition u could add bfc tea(it tastes quite bitter or use calc tea with liver cleansing herbs) that should take care of most of the problem.. ;)

livingforj

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »
I believe the Nerve Formula mike was referring to is here http://herbsfirst.com/DrCformulaCatalog.html:

Nerve Formula: Black Cohosh, Blue Cohosh, Blue Vervain, Skullcap, and Lobelia. Massage into the medulla (base of skull), and upper cervicals, follow instructions in formula 14, and take six to ten drops in a little water or juice two or three times a day. Used to aid nervous conditions, sore throat, hiccups, restore malfunctioning motor nerves, and a great blessing to epileptics.

Also they sell a modified version of Complete Bone and Tissue syrup under the brand of Western Botanicals made with honey. The formula is not exact, but that honey taste sure is delicious! :)